I was recently tagged by Books and Co. and I am always up for doing a tag. As Summer draws close and the heat turns up, I hope to do these more often and post more often, in general. Let’s start.
1. Best Book You’ve Read So Far in 2017:
Easily, Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentmer. Emotional, brutal, and genuine, it is a fantastic book!
2. Best Sequel of 2017 So Far:
I am not sure if this question means, book I’ve read in 2017 or released in 2017. I am going to go with the former and pick Fireborn which is the sequel to Skyborn. While I felt the first is still the better book, this serves as an excellent sequel. I will review the two within the next two weeks.
3. New Release You Haven’t Read Yet, But Want To:
There would be more, but as I am a recent book lover I am focusing more on past releases I have missed.
4. Most Anticipated Release of the Second Half of 2017:
5. Biggest Disappointment of 2017:
Still a solid book, but it does not do much to shake things up for the genre.
6. Biggest Surprise:
This book genuinely surprised me. I was taken aback by its heart and some of its mature themes dealing with the loss of a loved one.
7. Favorite New Author (Debut or New To You):
Jeff Zentmer. Definitely, plan on reading The Serpent King.
8. Newest Fictional Crush:
No one really.
9. Newest Favorite Character:
- Johan in Fireborn
- Carter in Goodbye Days
- Mercer in Flip the Bird
10. Book that Made You Cry:
Men don’t cry…pfffttt. Okay, fine this made me pretty emotional.
11. Book that Made You Happy:
Can’t just choose one, so I didn’t.
12. Favorite Book to Movie Adaptation of 2017 You’ve Seen:
Well, I have only seen Beauty and the Beast so that one I guess. It was pretty solid though.
13. Favorite Review You’ve Written This Year:
Easily, my Goodbye Days one.
Here’s the link (shameless plug): Review
14. Most Beautiful Book You Bought Or Received This Year:
I can’t really choose between these two. Windfall is fairly simple, yet quite appealing. Fireborn just looks so badass.
15. Books You Need To Read By The End of This Year:
Can I just say all of them?
Sorry if you have already been tagged. 🙂